Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The catether that remains

Due to the nature of my surgery, there was a disconnection of the cervix from the uterus before the huge fibroid could be removed. The connection was done once the fibroid was taken out. There is a tube inserted in the connected area so that when the healing grow, there is no closure of the link of the 2 organs. If not, how to have my period like that?

So, there is not just 1 catether, but 2 of them after I woke up from the surgery. One is for the bladder, as I can't leave the bed and will need to have the pee to exit from the urine catether. The other catether is the link which has to contain any blood that is expelled from my body post surgery.

The urine one was removed on the post-op day 3, but the uterus one stays throughout, till it comes off on 30 April. So it's hanging out from below, and I have to tape it onto my left thigh so it won't dangle. Very the kao wei, I tell u. And too much of the bandage tape also made my skin sore.

Not a nice sight, so I have to wear really long shorts when I go out, so it wouldn't start it's own version of peekaboo to anyone who might freak out seeing it.

Despite that, I'm not really looking forward to 30 April, cos I dunno how it's gonna be removed. Taking the urine catether is quite a scary experience, though it is done fast. Don't even get me started on the other tube which is happening in mid May.

Well, I guess, one will be ready when the day comes.

No comments: