Thursday, October 11, 2012

1st World Problem?

I AM BACK!

It's only about 2 weeks since my last post. It happened that today is also the first time i've turn on my laptop since the last time i blogged. As i've said, i will make this more regular, though i won't be as regular as my tweeting.

Firstly, the shingles have recovered but the scars lingers on.... And i won't know how long it will linger on. But the ability to get out of the house, even to go to work, is a luxury in itself. :)

On the main thing, i had a really tough day at work, and this time of the year is about appraisals.

I cannot say that i'm a very good worker, but no one is perfect. But to receive an awfully low score, and then when you try to justify yourself, the other party use another example to beat your justification down, to keep you there. Whether if either party buys into this justification or not, it's according to the discretion of either parties. Cos at the end of the day, it's the evaluator's evaluation that mattered.

I've accept it, no matter how awfully bad it is and how unjustified i feel about it, it's a good time of reflection and to see what has gone wrong, and how i can make it better the next time.


The
MOST INSENSITIVE thing you can experience after such a session is  is having people noticing your sian-ji-pua look, and tell you not to feel this way..... TRY GETTING MY RATING AND REMAIN NOT SIAN! (does that translate to be Bo-Chup if i remained happy-go-lucky?) Goodness! One will never understand the pain until one personally experience it first-hand. 


Anyway, I end my rant. I will not curse it, rehearse it, nurse it but let God and time heal it.


Having a bad appraisal rating is akin to.. a First World Problem. So, it's not the end of the world. There are many other things in this world that are more worrying.

Have a laugh via this funny video on First World Problems, which essentially, is not a life-endangering problem. :)



Till my next post! :)

No comments: