Friday, February 08, 2013

Readying for CNY! :)

OH! It's my first blog post of 2013! *sheepish smile*

And yes, i didn't wait another 2 months to post another entry. And i think, with this weather and my impending plan to leave the house for gym will not allow me to write too much. (We'll see).

And usually CNY will come with the usual cleaning up and the removing the old and decorating the new, which we Chinese calls it 除旧布新.

I would like to proudly present my new bedsheet which i personally changed for my bed. 

My beautiful flowery bedsheet :)



Though i didn't buy it, but it's so me... thanks to my mother for getting such a cheery bedsheet. It literally lights up my mood when i sleep on it and wake up on it.

Not forgetting that i've already started my annual leave, so there's not much negative vibes till the end of CNY..... at least not until i try to Gek-seh by opening my emails, and then my mood will either turn for the not-so-good, or just want to burn off the stuff that i've brought home to process.


So much for wanting a break for work hur?!

And of course..... WORK goes on, even though i'm on leave...... WORK to 除旧 and literally throw out whatever's not necessary. 



Trash from my bedside table




















It's already like the Eve of CNY.... and that is where i've stopped. And it seems that i wanna stop at that liao and not want to challenge my horrendous hoarding habits when i was much much younger. :/

As i turned my head left and look at the pile, i could only sigh in disbelief.


I WAS SUCH A HORRIBLE HOARDER!!! OMG!

In essence, CNY is a time to throw out whatever waste that has been accumulated over the year/years/decades and to bring in new ones, which you need and not want, lest it becomes waste in years to come. 


And usually in this season, the weather is kinda cooling because the Spring Wind or 春风 is blowing. However this year, it's not just the wind, but the rain is coming very heavily on us. Wind + Rain = super cold weather, where everyone is falling sick left, right, and centre.


The rain at my void deck at 1.55pm today (via Instagram)























Was caught in the rain and was stuck at the bus-stop opposite my house for a good 20 mins. Even with mama to the rescue with her little automatic brolly, both of us were literally drenched and the brolly nearly 'died' from the strong winds.

You can 'see' the strong wind in this picture actually.... the drains at the lift lobby are trying really hard to hold in the rain before the flooding comes.

The weatherman tells us that in the next few days, there's gonna be more rain, so carrying a brolly is a must, unless you want to see the doctor pre and/or post CNY. The clinics are busy enough, with people having sore throat/heatiness from all the Ba Kwa's and the pineapple tarts and not forgetting all the weight gains.

Thankfully, i'm gonna hit the gym on days that i don't need to 拜年 (haha), and am not gonna eat any Ba Kwa. So i'm pretty safe..... but there are so many other tempting goodies AHHHHHH..... :///

Till my next entry... the next time.

No comments: