Sunday, June 02, 2013

Before going up the treadmill again...

Here I am, trying to do another entry on my 8th week post laparotomy (which was last Wednesday), and then I didn't .... Wanted to do on my last day of Hospitalization Leave on last Friday.... And then I didn't once again.

So here goes. Tomorrow I will step up and start running on this crazy treadmill call WORK. I wish I could really do a real run, but that will come in about 28 days, when my gym membership defrosts and I can enter into the gym once again. 

But I'm really thankful for the extra 2 weeks of rest.... Though I would think that:
6 weeks is not sufficient.
7 weeks is pretty perfect (perfect 7)
8 weeks got me pretty bored, with crazy drama going on between the DIL and the MIL. (not me, of course)

I wonder how crazy it would be tomorrow, with all the renewed friendships I need to forge with my fellow comrades, and all the new greetings that I need to address and be addressed with, and all the cleaning up of my table (last I heard, it's full of cobwebs haha), and then deciding what needs to be bought to make my table better and more efficient... 

I don't wish to be bothered about rapport with the higher level people. Just gimme my work required and I will do them the best that I know how. I don't want to become close or too close with any of them, lest it come against me someday. What I think about them is this: 防人之心不可无.

Maybe with the removal of the fibroid, the surgery has also removed any ounce of friendship I have ever established with these higher level people who are not exactly kind when I needed the required leaves to do my scans and tests, and all they are bothered is about the stupid work, and don't bother to think about how serious my condition was. These people just don't have the 怜悯-ness. 

If Karma ever knocks on their door, I won't rejoice cos I think they are generally good people, but hope they reflect and care for their subordinates genuinely before it makes its way.

Will things improve from here? I dunno. We will see whether if there is any reflection, at all.

No comments: