Monday, June 17, 2013

Never underestimate the power of Haze

Right now as I am typing away, the PSI index stays at 152.... And it's only 930pm.

The hazy weather has come once again, thanks to the deforestation-by-burning in one of our neighbouring countries. But it seem that this time, there's a lot of burning... The haze is having a whale of a time antagonising us right now.

Yesterday the PSI started climbing up to about 72-80 which is still moderate. Still within acceptable range. But since this afternoon, we are hearing 3 digits on the index. And it appeared that it is climbing up till now.

It seems that the PSI gets higher in the night. Is it because of the cooler temperature leading to the haze settling further down into the atmosphere????

Maybe it's just me, but I'm kinda feeling the effects. My nose is starting to twitch... Which is not good for my surgical wound. Everytime I sneeze, it adds stress on my wound... Just when my wound is starting to dry up. 😪 don't get me started on potential eczema... Not again, when the last time it happened was barely 2 months ago. 

I think everyone should start wearing mask.

Now, I can only think that SP services, and maybe air purifier makers/ hypoallergenic shower gel producers will laugh all the way to the bank next month, because people are hiding in aircon rooms all the time, and the need for pure air and to sooth irritated skin is of utmost importance.

No comments: