Saturday, June 29, 2013

My new learning journey of Hangul

안녕하세요 !!! 

Wow, just realised that there's also auto correct for Korean on my iPad! Sorry side-tracked. :)

Well, as of last Sunday, I've signed up with Daehan Korean Language school and have started my learning journey of Hangul!

It's been a pretty exciting journey, and it's been something that I am wanting to do, which is to pick up a language. 

For the longest time, I thought that I will end up learning Japanese, but I guess Korean won me over. I remembered the week where I went to another language school to do the trial, where I was supposed to do the scan at NUH, and the impending scan stopped me from registering. And now since the surgery is done, and I'm more or less back to normal, it's time to start pursuing my interest once again.

I'm thankful for a few friends who are really quite 哈韩, and has pretty good knowledge of Korean and are learning them. So I can also practice with them... Actually only 1 friend. But she's quite power lah. So I will message her in Hangul what I know... And will use a Korean English dictionary when she send me something that I cannot understand.

Practicing makes it better.

I just attended one lesson last Sunday, and will attend my 2nd lesson tomorrow. Looking forward to lessons. Test in 12 weeks time. So now we know why we need to do homework to revise. Now i can recognise vowels and some consonants. Tomorrow should be learning some more new vowels and consonants. 

Next time definitely I will go to Korea, and will want to sit in the service at Yonggidol Full Gospel Church and listen to God's words in the original language. but I guess i need to be at least at Intermediate 3 to be able to do so. Work towards it yea.

For now, 안년히카세요!!!! :)

No comments: